Montag, 17. August 2009

On the beach (original mix)

A good morning ... it wasn't. My body, still being used to the time schedule of the gassyuku woke up at 6:30. My mind followed about two hours later. I then realized that we were on our way to Kamakura.
In Kamakura we visited the two biggest temple areas, Engaku-ji and Kencho-ji. It was really amazing, I love these Shrine and Temple buildings; and the surrounding nature, the statues ...... For lunch we ate real sushi. Expensive, but worth it - there's a big difference in quality.
Then we went on to see the big buddha statue. And big it was. We could even enter it. Inside it was packing heat and as I was looking up I saw that buddha had reached the final stage - mushin. His head was totally empty.
After buying some souvenirs we went back to our hostel. Short story! (No time!!)

I promise that there'll be photos as soon as I figure out how to transfer them (everything is in Japanese). Or as soon as Olli stops looking at the facebook page or that japanese girl and lends me his laptop.

Ja mata!

PS: Today we were on the beach! And we entered the sea! Like pirates!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Dear Phil,

    Happy Birthday!

    I hope you have the "opportunity" to get a birthday keiko ("flash") today.

    And if not, you can be sure that we will catch it up if you're back in the "Holy Land" ^^

    Best,
    HG

    AntwortenLöschen